Question Paper | U.P. PCS(J) Pre 2012 | Law | Uttar Pradesh Judicial Service Civil Judge (Junior Division) Preliminary Examination- 2012
Monday, March 10, 2014
Question Number: 131-140
131. Which of the following are correct combinations?
(1) Bentham and Natural law.
(2) Austin and Positivism
(3) Rosco Pound and Sociological School of Jurisprudence
(4) Henry Maine and Philosophical School of Jurisprudence
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 3 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
132. Which one of the following is not a mode of acquisition of possession?
(c) By operation of law
133. “Custom is to society what law is to the State.” It has been said by
134. Which of the following is not a Specialized Agency of the United Nations?
(a) Universal Postal Union
(b) United Nations Children’s Fund
(c) International Civil Aviation Organization
(d) International Finance Corporation
135. The powers and functions of United Nations are divided among how many principal organs?
136. The real power of appointment of the UN Secretary General lies with
(a) The Security Council
(b) The General Assembly
(c) The General Assembly and the Security Council
(d) The five Permanent Members of the Security Council
137. Who was the Indian candidate for the post of Secretary General of the United Nations?
(a) Soli Sorbajee
(b) N.R. Narayana Murthy
(c) Vijay Nambiar
(d) Shashi Tharoor
138. International law also develops through State practices. It is known as
(a) International Treaty
(b) International Comity
(c) International Customary Law
(d) International Morality
139. Rule of State Succession was first incorporated from the Roman law by
140. “To preserve one’s life is generally speaking a duty, but it may be the highest duty to sacrifice it.” This observation was made in Queen v. Dudley and Stephens by
(a) Lord Denman
(b) Lord Coleridge
(c) Lord Acton
(d) Justice Pollock